The Annual Fund includes all gifts from alumni, parents and friends of the college. The fund helps students benefit from a VI education through scholarship opportunities, maintains the college’s faculty and staff salaries and takes care of facilities and operating expenses. Every gift—regardless of size—goes directly to support the life and mission of the college.
You can make a pledge to the Annual Fund and pay toward that pledge in a manner that best suits you. You may choose monthly or quarterly payments or even pay by credit card. The college will be happy to work with you in establishing your pledge.
The Torchbearer Guild is a gracious group of alumni donors who have committed to giving $1,000 per year to the Annual Fund for a minimum of five years.
Gifts in Kind
Gifts in Kind are other important ways to support Virginia Intermont. Tangible items that can be used by the college it its programs often allow us to save on the operating budget.
Types of Gifts
Virginia Intermont offers a wide variety of ways to participate in giving to the college:
- Cash: Gifts of cash may be made either outright or as pledges;
- Securities: Gifts of securities may be made either outright or as pledges. The college can accept your gifts through electronic transfer;
- Tangible Property: Gifts of tangible property such as real estate, vehicles, equipment and furniture may be made outright or as pledges receivable;
- Life Income Gifts: Donors may transfer funds, securities or other property to Virginia Intermont with the understanding that income is reserved either for themselves or designated beneficiaries. Such reserved income gifts may be made by a trust or annuity;
- Will or Bequests: In large part, Virginia Intermont’s endowments have been built from generous gifts from the estates of alumni and friends. The college encourages supporters to consider the opportunity to provide significant support for the future through their wills. In all cases where the college is given documentation, the value of the provision will be applied to the campaign.
All gifts to Virginia Intermont are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
For more information about giving to Virginia Intermont, please contact Ronda Cole Gentry, Interim Vice President for Institutional Advancement at 276-466-7852.