At Virginia Intermont, equine auditions are your opportunity to showcase your best. Performance scholarships are available to exceptionally talented riders. For assistance in packing and performing your best, we have included a list of required and strongly recommended equipment and apparel:
- Students must sign waiver form; if under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the form. If your parent or guardian will not be attending Open Campus, please let the Office of Admissions (276.466.7867 or firstname.lastname@example.org) know as soon as possible;
- ASTM/SEI approved riding helmet (required);
- Boots and breeches (strongly recommended); paddock boots and chaps are acceptable;
- Professional dress is required (i.e., a collared shirt that is tucked in);
- Bring your own saddle, pad, and girth (strongly recommended); a 50” will fit most of our horses. If possible, please bring an extra back pad for your horse, such as a cashel or gel pad. If you do not have or are unable to bring any of these above mentioned items, we can provide them for you;
- Meet all ADA Equine Standards;
- Please do not bring your own horse.
Auditions are available to all high school juniors, seniors, and college transfers. For further information, including ADA standards and contact information, click here.